
What a joy it was to have Kyra and Kalyn spend their spring break in Florida with us instead of an exotic destination. This was their first trip without Mom and Dad. That's a big deal!

Their arrival was quite an ordeal as Allegiant ran into mechanical problems and their plane was still in St Pete at the time of their scheduled Iowa departure. The airline fed them supper. Needless to say, they did not arrive on time. Their 7:20 arrival became a 12:45 a.m. arrival! Those of you who know me, know that I do not well with staying awake past 10 or night driving. So.....my trustworthy travel agent, that would be Kirsti, and I scrambled to find an available hotel...not an easy task during spring break in Florida...at least not for a decent rate. Thanks to Kirsti, we lined up a Country Suites which was only 15 minutes from the airport. I picked up a toothbrush and paste and slept in my clothes. Not a pretty sight the next day! The girls were so excited to be in the sunshine state that they did not sleep much. We headed straight to Mom and Dad's place for a girls luncheon.

2:00 Zach's spring break began and the teens had a great time. Nothing beats cousin time! Of course, there was too much beach time without sunscreen.

Lesson learned??

It was wonderful to have two girls in the house. So fortunate that my three nieces are like the daughters I never had! And look what Zach missed by not having sisters....someone to do his hair! I remember Susan and I doing this to their Dad.

The girls enjoyed doing the same things that I did. Cooking.

Shopping.

Let me take their photos without rolling their eyes and giving me that look.

Of course, I did not take as many as I would have liked. Did not follow them around but gave them some cousin time. Loved our talks. Yep, sometimes the boys in my house think that I talk to much and shut me down but these girls, nope, they engaged in my conversations or at least endured our conversations. They have grown into two beautiful, gracious young ladies and loved getting to know them even better. They are welcome back anytime! Despise the miles that separate us from family. Love when family comes and visits!
No comments:
Post a Comment